Cropstream allows you to manage mobile notifications. Here's everything you need to know about them.
Cropstream notifications go out in the following situations:
- Chat: When someone starts or adds to a chat that includes you
- Posted Message: When someone posts/sends a message to you
- Shared Product/Card: When shares a product card with you
As a Sender
When you chat or message in Cropstream, notifications are sent automatically, without any effort on your part. Most Cropstream notifications are silent (even if the recipient has sounds enabled), however you can request an audible notification to accompany your message, product or card by checking the box below.
In this case, any recipient who has already enabled sounds will receive an audible notification of your message, product or card.
As a Recipient
Managing notifications in Cropstream mobile apps is like other apps, but here are some tips:
In iOS, you can turn notifications on and off right in the app by selecting your smiling face (upper left), then selecting Enable Notifications (see below)
In iOS, you can also configure your Cropstream notifications by selecting Settings on your iOS device, then select either Cropstream or Notifications (either will get you to the same place).
In Android, managing notifications looks a little different for each device maker, but these general guidelines will help:
- To get to notifications, look for any of these - a gear icon, Settings, Apps and Settings, or Apps and Notifications.
- Long-pressing the Cropstream app icon may also pop up a shortcut to notifications.
- Once in the Notifications area, long-pressing on a notification category may provide more detailed settings and options.
Connections Matter (Sometimes)
For Cropstream chats, notifications are always triggered.
But for Cropstream messages, products and cards, notifications are triggered only for recipients who are connected to the sender.
For information on connections, check here.